Tech Week is Ireland’s nationwide festival of technology aimed at students, parents and the public. This week is made up of a range of classroom and community activities taking place across Ireland – in libraries, schools, community centres, and many other locations. These activities give students a chance to develop their interest in technology subjects, examine potential career prospects, learn new skills, be creative and, most importantly, have a lot of fun.
Add your Tech Week Event
Celebrate Ireland’s festival of technology by organising an activity or event in your school, organisation or community, you can quickly and easily add your event to the site to let people know about it.
Whether it’s a 30-minute classroom session inspired by our activity sheets, an hour-long Q&A with a guest speaker, a half-day group outing or an open day at your organisation, tell the team about it – and you will get a free goodie pack to help!
How do I get involved?
The Tech Week team would love you to get involved and here are ways you can by inspire the next generation by organizing technology-related activities in your local schools or communities. These could include:
- Technology workshops
- Plan an activity in the classroom
- Run a competition or quiz
- Show inspiring videos such as the Smart Futures videos
- Bring your children to a Tech Week activity in your area
- Plan a Tech Week activity at home using our Tech Week activity sheets, Cliste primary school resources or Scratch programming lesson plans.
- Organise an event with hands-on activities or workshop
- Re-visit your old school and tell students about your path into IT
- Get involved in IT Professionals Day
- Get involved in Tech Week
- Maynooth University Partners awarded €7.3 million Under the Disruptive Technologies Innovative Fund
- Up to 74% of Irish Medtech Businesses Plan to Increase R&D
- New Research Explores Future Skills Needs of L&D Professionals
- CPL will be exhibiting, as well as recruiting, at Tech Careers Expo this May